Monday, April 9, 2007

Sammie the wonder dog

I realized I have not written about my lovely little dog yet. A while back I showed a picture of a dog I was thinking about adopting, but we didn't get that dog. Instead we got our fabulous Sammie.

He is a super wonder mutt and I just love him to pieces. We got him in December, and I think he has really grown to love us. We sure have grown to love him. He has put on a bit of weight since this pic was taken (this was when we were bringing him home for the first time).

He loves to snuggle his way under the covers and get as close to you as possible. In the picture below, he had crawled under the pillow inside the pillow case... I had gone upstairs to get ready and when I came down he was missing. This frequently happens, and I usually find him under the comforter I keep on the couch. When I picked up the blankets and didn't find him, I was a little puzzled. I went to move the pillow, but it was heavy... And I found him!


He really is the sweetest thing, He loves to climb in my lap and lick all over my face (which really grosses me out, but I can't usually stop him). He has a little bit of an attitude in that he chooses when to be obedient. We also suspect he was the victim of dog-violence. We think his first owners beat him and then let him run away... He was a stray in Miami and we also think he got hit by a car because he has some damage to his rear left leg. He sometimes hops on three legs, but I think he does that more for attention than anything else.
He is a fabulous dog and I am devoting today's blog to him because I love him and because I have put him through vet hell lately. I took him in on Friday to get boosters. We also found out from the vet that he is probably 5 or 6 years old, but the lady from whom we adopted him told us he was 3... Oh well, not like his age really matters, it was just strange that she would be wrong on that... Then today I took him back to the vet for a teeth cleaning. Wow I am sure he hated that! He couldn't have food after 8 p.m. last night, then I had to wake him up at 7 a.m. to take him in. I left the poor pooch there all day to be tortured (in his mind)...
So I picked him back up and have him snuggled next to me on the couch. He can stay that way all night!
We love you Sammie Dog!
ttfn

No comments: