Thursday, July 12, 2007

Really cool ultrasound

I had my 11-week checkup on Tuesday. I had my first REALLY cool experience as a mom.

They were supposed to hear the heartbeat, but it was still too early. Instead they did another ultrasound (this is my third so far)!!

This time, the little being actually looked like a human!! It was so cool!! He/She has an identifiable head and legs and stuff. I could really tell what I was looking at on the screen! It was just amazing. As the nurse pushed around with her little scope thingy the baby flipped over a few times, kicked his/her feet, and even rolled over. Oh my God I cannot tell you how amazing that was!!!

I really cannot use enough exclamation points to convey just how cool and exciting this was. It makes me so happy, and I can't really explain it. It is just so wonderful to see this little being inside me and see him/her moving and acting and responding to stimulation. I so cannot wait for being able to feel the movement!

This was such a much-needed bright spot that I will live off of for a while.

So, without further adieu... Here is The Hulk. You can see how the head is on the right in the first two and then on the left in the last one.

6 comments:

Working Girl said...

Cool pictures! I'm sorry I don't have any info about depo. I'm actually shockingly ignorant of a lot of recent birth control methods!

Lady M said...

What exciting pictures - that's a beautiful moment, when you can see the baby the first time.

I'm sorry for your troubles and wish you well in moving towards your new life.

ewe are here said...

Aaaah. Ultrasounds of our wee one are so amazing. Congratulations, mommy!

Anonymous said...

Those ultrasound photos are amazing! As for the movements, you'll feel them soon and those will be mind-blowing. You sound like you are doing well, Keep smiling!

The City Gal said...

Congratulations.

Too bad for Mr. G, because he is missing something truly amazing!

Cristina said...

Aww. The first baby pictures. Isn't it amazing?