Tuesday, March 18, 2008

once a week

So it looks like once a week might have to be my posting schedule for now... We will see.

I start my very first full-time job on Monday. I am scared beyond belief! I have never had a real nine-to-fiver before, and I have never been really great at having a boss. I know I can do it, I know I have to do it for Eleanor, but I am still freaking out a little.

Getting this job is such a huge weight off my shoulders! Now Eleanor's daddy can continue to be a deadbeat and it won't affect her (financially anyways). I won't have to mooch off my parents for too much longer, and I will be able to support her completely. That is just a relief.

I am excited and nervous about the prospect of moving out of mom and dad's house... I have only lived alone for about six months of my life, and even then I wasn't home all that often. The soon-to-be-ex-husband and I were dating and I spent most nights with him. Now I will be living alone and taking care of E alone. I know I better hurry and get used to that idea because she and I are going to be living alone together for a long time. I hope it isn't as scary as I think. Any single mommies out there have any advice about living alone with your kiddos?

Speaking of single parenthood, I met the antithesis of my husband yesterday in line at the DMV. Now, I realize we spoke for all of 30 minutes and how can I really evaluate him as a person based on such a short conversation, so this is just a first blush impression. But he was a single dad to a 13-year-old and he was just nice and personable and obviously dedicated to his son. He lives in my city and was really cute. I wish I had had the courage to ask for his number or something like that, but I am so terribly clueless when it comes to adult dating. I went from my high school sweetheart to a few casual dating episodes to falling for my husband to now... I know nothing about dating. That is probably a ripe topic for another post so I will leave it to then.

I have so missed the blogging world and I am trying to pop back in on my old friends. I am still mainly lurking because I am embarrassed for my prolonged absence, but I am around again and so happy about it! Welcome back if you have returned to my world (I hope you like the new landscaping--both literally and figuratively). I am working on posting some Eleanor pics... I am not great with the picture parts of blogger so be patient. If you want me to email you a snapfish link with every picture we have ever taken of her, email me at adventures.in.abbyland@gmail.com.

ttfn

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, totally send me pictures of that cutie patootie. Dating right now might not be the best thing anyways (although if you want to get down with your bad self, then go right ahead.) Maybe you should just ficus on You and Eleanor and your new and exciting life!

Big Sis said...

It's just good to have you back - I had wondered where you went (but was a little afraid to ask).

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to blogging! Ok, you've been blogging on myspace, but I am so pleased to read about you and how you are doing! Welcome Eleanor! Isn't the love you feel for your child the most overwhelmingly wonderful thing ever? I am very happy to read of your return. All the very best to you!!!